Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Rachel

The first time I met Rachel, she didn't know that I was related to Danny. She was in one class with me and one class with Danny, we obviously had the same last name....but she never put 2 and 2 together, so when she found out that we were related...it was hilarious!!!!! Rachel has always been there no matter what, whether she agreed with me or not. One funny memory I have of Rachel(which is also how she got the nickname Smurf) was on Valentines day. She was supposed to go out with Danny and for whatever reason she wanted BLUE hair. SO I convinced her that I totally knew how to color hair(I lied in case none of you know!!!) So we went and bought the color, I put it on her hair, her skin, the kitchen sink, myself, her clothes, pretty much everything. I got halfway done with her hair and there was the doorbell. It was Danny!!! To make a long story short, Danny had to talk to Rachel's dad for about 30 minutes by himself, and Rachel was late...because of me.

If that wasn't bad enough...she kept coming back for more. One time I was trying to bleach her hair...(I am laughing just thinking about it)and we ran out of bleach, but of course all the beauty supply stores were closed, and I didn't have my drivers license so we went to Wal-Mart with her hair half done. Ah...funny times!!

The last time that I remember that really meant a lot to me was when Matt and I were getting ready to go through the Temple, I had this really specific dress that I wanted(which was really impossible to make) and Rachel went and bought the pattern, all the fabric, and everything else that was needed...and she offered to make my dress for me. (I don't know how to sew very well) Well...turns out the pattern was just a Little(a lot) too small for me. We did whatever we could to make it work..but it didn't.
So for Rachel...I love you and I know that you were supposed to be part of my family. I am so glad that you are my sister.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Christi, I just wanted to let you know that I think it is really cool what you are doing...as far as writing great things about everyone in the family. Good reading!! Oh, this is Julie Wright in your ward. Bye.

rachanderson said...

In my defense, Anderson is a very common name. Now if I had met two people at the same school with the last name of Freiderickhoffermein I think I would have caught on quicker!

Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.

Forever, for always, and no matter what.

Matt

Matt
My Whole World!!

The Boys

The Boys
Our little family Max and Oinkie!!